NOTE: Some candidates are having difficulty submitting their applications at this time. The team at Teamtailor is currently looking into the issue. If you don't receive a confirmation for your application, please send your resume with the email subject line "Embedded Software Engineer Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a full-time position.
- This is a remote-friendly position.
- Work hours are flexible, but meetings are likely to fall within the traditional 8-5 (EST) workday.
- We will share the salary for this position during the intro call.
Hello! I’m Nick, and I lead the Software team at Synex Medical. We’re a ~25 person medical device startup that’s developing a miniaturized health monitor that can measure critical blood metabolites non-invasively. That technology is based on novel techniques we’ve developed in magnetic resonance.
We're on track to deliver our MVP by the end of Q2 2022, which will measure glucose and lactate non-invasively. We are gearing up for some big milestones (series A, clinical validation, MVP delivery). To support these milestones, we’re looking to grow our software team. Our firmware engineer is currently working on app-processor/co-processor/FPGA communication, so we anticipate that you would be a bridge between application layer and lower layer work.
Here are a couple of the things we need your help with:
- Reviewing existing software designs and architecture
- Implementing software from designs
- Provisioning and deploying embedded Linux
- Developing Linux device drivers
- Maintaining the device distro with attention to cybersecurity updates
- Developing and supporting the embedded side of Over-the-Air (OTA) updates
Synex is a small company inventing revolutionary technology. As such, there are times when we all must navigate ambiguity while working on projects. As the Embedded Software Engineer, most of your work will be independent. However, your priorities and frequency of meetings may vary depending on lifecycle phase and the needs of your team members.
We’re still in the early stages of product development, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to influence design and direction. This also means that we’re looking for someone with sufficient knowledge and experience to be able to independently create, develop, and make insightful suggestions.
Here are a couple of things we believe you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience with embedded Linux OS customization
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI:build/test)
- Experience writing embedded device drivers
- Proficiency with programming languages like Python/C/Rust
Please apply here if you’re interested in this role. If you’d like to know more about our interview process and the benefits we offer, check out our career page. And if you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!