- This is a full-time position.
- This is primarily an in-person position. We’re looking for someone who can work in our downtown Toronto office on a weekly basis. That being said, we'll support remote work as much as possible.
- Work hours are flexible, but meetings are likely to fall within the traditional 8-5 (EST) workday.
- We will share the salary for this position during the intro call.
Hello from the NMR Science team at Synex!
We’re a medical device startup that’s developing a miniaturized health monitor to measure critical blood metabolites non-invasively. That technology is based on novel techniques we’ve developed in magnetic resonance.
We're on track to deliver our MVP by the end of 2021, which will measure glucose and lactate non-invasively. We are gearing up for some big milestones (series A, clinical validation, MVP delivery). To support these milestones, we’re looking to grow our team.
Currently, we're a team of 4 distributed across Canada, the U.S., and Germany. Only 1 of us is located near our headquarters in Toronto, so we'd like to hire another scientist there that can help us manage the lab and run experiments.
To be more specific, here are a couple of the things we need your help with:
- Conducting basic lab management activities including supply ordering and instrument calibration
- Preparing samples following proper GLP and SOPs
- Operating an ultra-compact, low-field (< 1 Tesla) NMR system
- Analyzing and interpreting NMR spectra
- Documenting data and results
This position offers a great opportunity for a recent Ph.D. graduate, postdoc, or academic who is looking to transition into industry work.
Here are a few qualifications we believe you'll need to be successful:
- Experience working in a wet lab environment, either academic or industrial
- Basic understanding of NMR concepts, principles, and experimental techniques
- Experience performing NMR data acquisition and pulse sequence troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or Python
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of your area of expertise
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Once we receive your application, our recruiting team will be in touch.
Thanks for reading!
P.S: Curious about our benefits or interview process? Check out our main careers page here.