- This is a full-time position.
- In terms of remote work, we are flexible. The position can be done 100% remotely, but we're happy to help with relocation to Toronto or Boston if that's your preference.
- If U.S-based, you must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Work hours are flexible, but meetings are likely to fall within the traditional 8-5 (EST) workday.
- The salary range for this role varies depending on your location (Canada or the US). We'll share that during the intro call.
Hello from the NMR team at Synex Medical! We're developing a miniaturized health monitor that can measure critical blood metabolites non-invasively. That technology is based on novel techniques we’ve developed in magnetic resonance.
We're on track to deliver our MVP (Minimum Viable Product) in the coming months, which will measure glucose and lactate non-invasively. We are gearing up for some big milestones (series A, clinical validation, MVP delivery).
To support these milestones, we’re looking to add a data scientist to our team.
On a day-to-day basis, here's what you could expect to do:
- Post-processing and analyzing NMR spectra using an in-house developed platform
- Improving and expanding our data analysis and visualization platform
- Identifying and developing advanced algorithms to tackle unique low-field MRS challenges including denoising, spectral deconvolution, and post-processing corrections
- Leveraging SOTA machine learning methods to improve processing and analysis of in vivo magnetic resonance spectra.
- Developing robust approaches for the accurate quantification of in vivo metabolite concentrations
Because we're still in research and development mode, we're looking for someone that can tackle problems with creativity and an open mind. We see this role as a great opportunity for someone with an academic NMR background to break into the data science field. We also recognize that this is a unique role and that no one is likely to be perfectly qualified for it.
Here are a couple of qualifications we believe you’ll need to be successful:
- Thorough understanding of and experience with signal processing for NMR
- Programming skills, particularly in Python, with experience using Python scientific libraries like NumPy and SciPy
- Familiarity with Git for version control
- Thorough understanding of machine learning and statistics
If this sounds like you (even if you don't have every qualification on the list) please apply! We'd love to hear from you.
And if you want to know more about our benefits and interview process, check out our careers page.
Thanks for reading!