Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood metabolites completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are a highly motivated team working with the foremost experts in our field. We're on track to deliver our MVP by the end of 2021, which will measure glucose and lactate non-invasively. We are gearing up for some amazing milestones (series A, clinical validation, MVP delivery) and we’re looking for a person to work with our engineering team to design and develop permanent magnets for our portable medical device.
As a Magnet Design Engineer, you will:
- Be part of the core team developing next-generation permanent magnet assemblies for our miniaturized magnetic resonance technology.
- Develop new magnet assembly techniques to enable highly homogeneous magnetic fields in scalable ways.
- Optimize permanent magnet assemblies and magnetic shimming approaches in simulation and practice.
- Interface with other hardware engineers to define requirements, develop system-level architectures and participate in design reviews.
- Communicate progress through regular check-ins with engineering domain leaders.
- Work with a team of leading magnetic resonance scientists, electrical and mechanical engineers, permanent magnet specialists, and collaborators to produce creative solutions for complex scientific challenges.
We are looking for someone with:
- Thorough understanding of permanent magnet materials and properties, magnetostatics, and low-frequency electromagnetics.
- Relevant experience in magnet assembly design and construction.
- Understanding of and experience in implementing passive and active shimming methodologies to improve magnetic field uniformity.
- Experience in numerical modeling, optimization, and magnetostatics simulation.
- Ability to use a range of engineering analysis tools for magnet assembly design and guide others in their use.
- Experience in the preparation of bids, proposals, and technical management of subcontracted work.
- Unlimited PTO with an annual 2-week minimum
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage
- No waiting period for health insurance coverage
- Flexible work hours
- Annual $1,500 professional development stipend
- Up to 6 months parental leave
- Relocation allowance
Ambition: We push the boundaries of possibilities.
Curiosity: We look at the problem from a different angle.
Integrity: We always do the right thing (even if no one is looking).
Authenticity: We challenge the status quo.
Accountability: We say what we are going to do, and do what we say.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Synex Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Synex Medical is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know, and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.